Today’s release contains some new features as well as some minor tweaks to improve the code.
The core (free) version of the plugin now supports a new shortcode – spiffy-week. This will display one week of the calendar at a time, with arrows to navigate to the previous and next weeks.
The bonus (paid) version contains two new features:
- a new option to specify user level for front end submit, the default is contributor. You can set this to “anyone” to not require an account to submit an event.
- an option to enable recurring events in the front end submit form, the default is disabled.
Full Release Notes
Core Plugin 3.5.9 (January 17, 2018)
- New: spiffy-week shortcode to view one week at a time
- Fix: replace default image with blank gif to avoid broken image icon when editing events with no images
- Tweak: check for wp-color-picker function before using
- Tweak: use date_i18n for calendar month output
- Tweak: refactor some code
Bonus Add-Ons Version 2.6 (January 17, 2018)
- New: option to specify user level for front end submit, default is contributor
- New: option to enable recurring events in the front end submit form, default is disabled
- Fix: typo in customizer for default theme setting
- Fix: customizer default value for theme might leave it undefined, check for that and fix